Tying It All Together
Time & Location
Aug 20, 2024, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
About the event
Why is this important: There are several common themes the presenters have stressed during this year- long series and this is your opportunity to watch the team bring these threads together. How should those running events, classroom discussions, and workplace talks prepare to engage on a number of these hard conversations? What skills will help the most when engaging with those who are irate, upset, and frustrated?
Program overview: This program will draw from the book, How to Engage in Difficult Conversations on Identity, Race, and Politics in Higher Education, to better prepare teachers, faculty, administrators, and human resources to engage in these difficult conversations more effectively. This panel discussion will draw from lessons learned from the entire series and share their experience in hosting this series. Time will be allotted for questions and answers on topics across the entire series. Presenters will share their perspective on the topics covered throughout the series including Black Lives Matter, firearms, defund the police, reproductive rights, white supremacy in academia, antisemitism, cancel culture, pronouns in the workplace, violence to the LGBTQ+ community, immigration and other issues that have arisen throughout the year.
Participants will be able to:
- Apply skills they have learned throughout the series.
- Have opportunities to ask questions and engage with the authors.
- Review skills useful for managing difficult conversations in schools, colleges, and the workplace.
- Increase their ability to identify and manage their personal reactions to difficult conversations.
- Online access to the live 90-minute program.
- A recorded version* of the program on www.trainingoutpost.com along with test questions and a compliance report for the administrator of a department, college, or university.
- A handout describing core practices to successfully navigate difficult conversations in schools, higher education, and workplaces.
- A frequently asked question document that will address participant questions asked throughout the entire series.
- Discussion questions for group interaction and community engagement to continue after the live program.
* Access for one year after the date of the live program. Additional year(s) access available for 20% purchase price.
For group pricing or to purchase the full series, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.$49.00